Thursday, September 4, 2008

Friday September 5, 2008

Well right now I am at G&D with Mel hanging out while she does a photo shoot for the new menu they have rolled out recently. I decided to come up and offer some of my advice to her and to keep her company. My activities have been limited this week due to a foot sprain. Last weekend Sim and I went for massages which I was really looking forward to because I really enjoyed the last one. Unfortunately for me I did not get the same masseuse. This time I had an Indonesian woman who gave me an Indonesian massage which consisted of her walking on my back ( which honestly felt great!), twisting my arms and legs in ways I didn't think they could go, and most painfully of all: torturing my feet. I swear she had my feet in a pair of vice grips! And even though I was yelling and screaming in pain she kept going. Funny thing was she asked Sim if she was hurting me! So my reaction was "No I always scream this loud when I feel good!". She said that she could tell by touching my feet that I have a lot of internal problems and she was trying to work the "stones" out of my feet. My reply was that I'm aware of my internal problems and unless she was going to cure me in an afternoon, I'd live with them. The entire massage wasn't complete torture, just when she touched my feet, I swear her thumbs are made of steel. After all that pain we decided to treat ourselves to an indulgent lunch at the Telawi St. Bistro. Sim and I sipped Moet champagne, nibbled on some wonderful tapas, and indulged in Thai chicken & asparagus risotto. It was a lot of fun, and we got to catch up because Sim has been traveling with her job lately so it hasn't afforded us a lot of time to spend together. And that's when we decided to continue our afternoon at her house in the pool.

We got Jim to come along, originally he and I were supposed to go to a movie ( it dawned on us one day that we hadn't been to the movie theater since we got here and thought we would enjoy the experience even though the movies are censored to high hell ) but he wanted to go swimming. We taught Sim how to play Spades and she picked it up pretty quick. There is a swim up table and stools in her pool so we were playing there and drinking when I fell over the side! I didn't see the step that leads into the main pool and I banged my foot. I didn't think anything of it until we got home later and it was swollen. So all this week I've been limping around while my foot changes colors. Everyone thinks I need an x-ray but I've injured myself enough to know when I've broken a bone or not. We have learned that Malaysians will go to the doctor for any reason whatsoever so of course my friends want me to go and see someone.

So that's why I haven't really done anything this week, plus for some reason even though it's not the rainy season yet, it has been raining cats and dogs everyday. I really hope that it clears up by the time we go to Langkawi in a couple of weeks. I would hate to be at the beach and not be able to enjoy the sun and surf. I also know that I have missed some birthdays and I'm sorry but everyone knows by now how I feel about the post office here. Jim has also decided to apply for a new position here, if he gets it he would become the director and of course that would extend our time in Kuala Lumpur, I also suspect it would require more of his time and right now I'm feeling selfish because of a crisis that happened at one of the warehouses I haven't seen too much of him lately. He is trying very hard to not make me feel neglected but I know he has to do what he has to do and I'm fortunate to have some friends to help occupy my time as well as the dogs. Speaking of the dogs, Oso has really taken a liking to Sox, I mean REALLY taken a liking to Sox, like in a boyfriend-boyfriend kind of way. I had to separate them for a couple of days and now I think the worst is over but poor Oso has an appointment this weekend so we can strip him of his manhood. Til next time...

No comments: