Friday, January 16, 2009

Saturday January 17th, 2009

Ok, so I was going to wait to post anything until after the partying was over, but I feel inspired today plus Jim is taking forever downloading something so we can have something to listen to in the car on our way to IKEA. We're going shopping today because Jim has decided to have a Superbowl breakfast buffet and I don't think the house is in proper order to have that many people over. Sure everything was fine when I had people over for my birthday but honestly I don't remember exactly how many people were here. My birthday celebrations lasted 4 days starting on Friday and ending on Tuesday early morning. All thanks to Sim! She showed up on Friday with luggage and a plan. First, we sat around the house all day and watched LOST, my favorite show ever!! Sim has never seen it and when I was home I picked up all 4 seasons on dvd. It was fun watching from the beginning because a lot of parts I'd forgotten about. Finally we peeled ourselves off the couch and walked up to the mall with the intent of bar-hopping...we only made it as far as George & Dragon. I drank a Flamin Lamborghini, Around the World, Sambuca, Capn & Diet, and as a special treat for me, the manager Kabi brought vodka and sugar-free Red Bull!!....wait! Sorry, all this happened ON my birthday on Monday...how easily I forget...oh well I'll go in reverse then. Mel joined us and later Jim came up too. After all those drinks we decided to just bring everyone home with us and continue from there. My friend Scott came by and a few other people who I really don't know but who are friends with Sim, so they were cool, and I talked to my family on the phone and that's all I remember about Monday. I do know that on Tuesday there were still 4 bottles of wine, a bottle of Capn, and a bottle of champagne left so that means I really didn't drink THAT much.

Friday me and Sim went out. Really. We were hanging at the house all day and then decided to go back to her house for a swim before going to dinner. We met one of her friends and he took us to this Mexican restaurant that I really like and then we went to Finnegans in Hartamas. They were having a promotion that night, a popular dj from Italy and a group called the Asia Dolls. The dj was ok, we only heard a little bit and the dolls were similar to the dunhill group I mentioned last post, they played string instruments to club music. That seems to be really popular these days. But really it was disappointing because Sim and I had gotten dressed to the nine's and the show was over before 10:30 pm. We were in the mood to dance so we headed for Bangsar Village to a place called Telawi St. Bistro which is a club late nights with a dj and of course cocktails. Jim met us there and we danced and we played LCR ( greatest dice game ever!), our friend Denesh was there supposedly as a bouncer but really he sat with us and played dice and drank beer. It was a good night although me and Jim got into a "tiff" about something and he left so me and Sim had to take a cab home.

The other two days were really just recouping, watching LOST, eating and sleeping. I really had fun and now I will be all alone next week. Sim is in Singapore and Jim is off to E. Malaysia so I'm unchaperoned. I know I will be at G&D on Monday for their 1 year anniversary party ( I AM a regular ) and Friday I am going with Mel to a traditional Chinese New Year dinner. I'm really excited about the dinner, I'll try anything once...except tripe. In the meantime I'll be working on my plans for Jim's Superbowl party. It's a breakfast because since it will be live, it will be Monday morning not Sunday night like it is at home. On the menu: biscuits and gravy ( if I can find sausage ), glazed ham, cheese eggs, 2 breakfast pizzas ( one w/meat, one veggie ), hasbrowns, fruit, apple cinnamon coffee cake, bloody mary's, screwdrivers, and beer. You didn't think we'd leave the alcohol out just because it's breakfast...did ya? Soon I'll put up the pics from my birthday and CNY...til next time!!

No comments: