Monday, February 16, 2009

February 17, 2009

So...HAPPY BELATED VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable day spending time with loved ones. Jim and I went on a triple date. Weird huh? Actually it was a lot of fun and different from any Valentine's Day I've had. Jim's friend Andy invited us to a dinner that was being held in downtown KL by a designer named Peter Hoe. He designs housewares, lamps, shoes, and jewelry and occasionally has dinners, brunches, and lunches. In Peter's words "He owns a store with a kitchen in the back". He actually has I think 3 locations and some wonderful stuff that I would love to own. I was a little skeptical at first, only I think because I didn't understand the dress code on the e-vite. It only said "dress code: white", so I'm like "what does that mean? white-tie?...No way!! all white clothes?...that's dorky!...what do we wear?" So we went in pink and brown and of course everyone else was wearing all white! Oh well...no one complained and we did look nice. The dinner was held in the store itself and there were tables for everyone to sit at and eat and drink ( it was BYOB, so we came prepared ) and while everyone waited to eat, I shopped. Nothing for myself, just belated birthday presents which at some point this week I have to get in the mail. The party wasn't just eating, drinking, shopping and mingling, Peter also had contests. There was a poetry contest where participants had to write a poem using key words given to them like "durian" and "bailout" and also a song-writing contest where you had to write lyrics based on a song which today and that day I still don't know ( hard to believe, I know ). Everyone who did participate were very creative although the lack of a microphone made it difficult to hear everyone. But overall, it was an enjoyable evening and I'm looking forward to going back and shopping!!

So tomorrow is the big, sad, day. Sim is off to Sydney. We have been hanging out a bit, but our plans to go and see Rihanna in concert were cancelled. I'm sure everyone knows of her cancellation at the Grammy awards because of her altercation with Chris Brown, well she has post-poned her show here in Malaysia to a later date, which doesn't do me and Sim any good because Sim won't be here to go. So now I don't know what to do with the tickets. I guess I could always drag Jim along. But Sim and I have been clubbing, couch potatoes and yesterday she took me to the Kraft Komplex and we both did batik painting. At first I thought it was silly but afterwhile found it enjoyable. I bought a kit to send to my neice for her birthday and although she will require adult supervision, I'm sure Christen will find it fun.

So that's what we've been up to. Jim of course is still finding time to play golf and play poker. After Sim leaves I'll have to find something or someone to help occupy my time. I do plan on taking the cake decorating classes and now that I've discovered the Kraft Komplex, I'm sure I'll be spending more time there, get out of Bangsar every once in a while. So, I'm off, being domesticated today, probably see Sim later on tonight. Hopefully I'll come up with something to write about soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]