Monday, May 12, 2008

Tuesday May 13, 2008

Happy Happy Tuesday everyone!! As usual I awoke this morning to the sound of construction going on next door at my neighbors. Actually I think it's 2 houses down but I swear sometimes it sounds like they are in my house. I hope they are almost done because day after day I have to deal with Oso barking at all of the sounds. He thinks he's protecting me but all he's doing his annoying me more than they are. Today I've included a photo of my new niece and I just love it, especially with everyone's hands around her, you can tell the photos was taken shortly after her arrival. We're happy she's here and can't wait to meet her in person.

I got a chance to talk to a lot of people on Mother's Day. I went up to George's to use their wi-fi because I figured their connection was better than ours so all of my calls were clear. I was glad to hear my family and friends's voices but really it did make me miss everyone more. Yesterday Michael delivered our new car so now Jim can finally return the rental car he's been using since we got here. Michael was very thorough with the instructions on how to transfer the registration and everything but he also suggested that we go to a used car dealer to have them handle the paperwork since it would be easier. I think that's what we are going to do because the process seems very lengthy and complicated. Because it's a Jeep already we know that the cost of gas is going to be more expensive. Last night Jim went and tried to fill it up because of course Michael delivered it empty and paid 100 ringitts and it still wasn't full. We're not too concerned considering the only driving that we've been doing is when Jim goes back and forth to work.

Overall this past weekend was quiet for us, I guess we're settling into our routine. Saturday I met Jim at City Golf for lunch and watched basketball and then we came home and just chilled out. Sunday I spent most of the day at George's calling everyone after we talked to Jim's parents via video call. I stayed late because of the time difference and I wanted to make sure I spoke to everyone either before Mother's Day or on Mother's Day. Because of that I was pretty tired all day Monday and just stayed home and did domestic stuff. I think sometime this week I will walk around our neighborhood because pretty much I've been staying close to the mall area. There are several shops up and down the street that I haven't familiarized myself with yet.

I'm a little disappointed because when Jim looked into going away next weekend for our anniversary up to Genting Highlands there aren't any rooms available anywhere so it looks like we'll be homebound. Supposedly Monday is another holiday and that's probably the reason why every place is booked up. I guess it's ok considering we're still getting used to our new home, but still I was looking forward to it. Maybe I'll go get a spa treatment instead.

Well I'm off to the grocery store and maybe sometime this afternoon I finish hanging all of Jim's dolls so they can get off of my floor. I need a break anyway from all of the noise and I want to go before it starts raining.

No comments: