Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday April 14, 2008

Well folks, last night Jim and I stayed the night in our new home and everything went ok. Even though there aren't many furnishings it's comfortable enough for us, for now. We went through the house thoroughly to make sure that everything worked and that we knew how to work everything and so far with the exceptions of a few burned out lightbulbs and we don't know how to turn on the stovetop, everything looks good. I am still a little spooked by a couple of things however. When I looked at the house for the second time, I noticed creepy crawly critters so I requested that pest control come in and they did but when I turn on a light switch I prepare myself to see something fleeing, so far, haven't seen anything. We do have a couple of reptile friends that like to come and visit. I had to have Jim flush a dead Gecko and shoo away his still alive friend. I'm not scared of the Gecko, after watching so many Geiko commercials who would be? The other thing that sort of terrifies me, and I haven't witnessed it yet, is last night we were sitting on our patio and I was facing Jim when he said "You didn't see that did you?" and at first I thought he was talking about a bug because he knows how terrified I am of bugs. I told him I didn't want to know what it was that I didn't see, but my curiousity got the better of me and I asked anyway. Bad idea!! Jim said that while I was talking to him, a bat flew onto the patio, stopped then flew away. OMG!!!! ( that's Oh My God! for those over 30 ) I am so glad that I did not see it with my own eyes, I would have ran into the house, shut all of the windows and doors, and been completely paranoid for the rest of the night! We also met one of our neighbors last night, she is a Chinese woman and that's about all I know. I asked if she had a cat because there was one in our backyard the other day feeding off of a fallen papaya from our tree, but she said that our other neighbor across the street owns like 20 cats! and it was probably his. Sure 'nuff, Jim was spying on him and Jim said that he saw like 7 cats sitting next to the guy on his couch. So in one night I've discovered that we have our very own zoo in the neighborhood, in addition to the dogs, there's cats, bugs, lizards and bats!! Oh my!

So we decided to stay at the house last night because I was expecting a furniture delivery early this morning and Jim wanted to test how long it would take him to get to work from the new location. When I talked to him, he said it only took him about 15 min. to get there so I'm sure he's happy with that compared to the 45 min to an hour it's been taking him. Oso is still getting used to the fact that there is a yard that he is allowed to go in whenever he wants. Several times this morning I had to tell him to go outside and when I walked back inside he would follow, I'll give that a week, pretty soon I'll have to drag him inside. Down the street from us is an international school and when I woke up this morning it was to the sound of kids. Specifically, there were about 6 teenagers sitting in the alley that runs behind our house and even though I had the windows closed and the air conditioner running I could hear every word they were saying. I'm not too worried about that because right now we are sleeping in the spare room and once we move into the master bedroom we'll be facing the front of the house. Plus I could always get up and let Oso out back so he can bark at them, maybe that will deter them from congregating in the back of our house. But overall we're looking forward to living there and getting settled into a routine of sorts. Jim has already scoped out City Golf which is located in the mall and offers big huge golf simulators so I'll know where to find him on the weekends if not on the golf course. I'm going to join a yoga class and take cake decorating classes so I can improve on my baking skills and when I get back home look for a Tiff's Temptations near you.

Right now I am back at the hotel packing up the last of our things so Jim and I can clear completely out of here by tonight. We have already started the ball rolling to get our tv and internet hooked up. Until I get my internet connection I will probably be off line for a while unless one of the restaurants at the mall offers wi-fi that I can get on. So that means no phone calls, no emails, no instant messaging after today unless you hear from me otherwise. Jim is working on getting it done as soon as possible because he knows right now my computer is my salvation and as long as I'm happy, he's happy!

No comments: