Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sunday April 13, 2008

I am pleased to announce that I have keys again!! Weird thing, everyone has a set of keys for something, either your car, home, garage, storage shed-something, well I haven't had a set of keys since I left home. You never really think much about keys until you can't find them and then all hell breaks loose and panic sets in either because you're going to be late getting somewhere or you're locked out of something. Me, I was feeling loss of ownership. I didn't lose my keys, I had to give them up so in a sense I didn't have those things anymore, no car, no house, no garage, not even a storage shed. I now have a set of keys to my house and it feels wonderful!! Now it's going to take some readjusting to having them again, even right now I'm not sure where they are, either in the bottom of my purse or in the car. No worries, Jim has a set too. Never ever would I associate keys with a security blanket, but just try not having any and see what gypsies feel like.

With that said, we have taken occupancy of our house, even though we haven't fully moved in yet. As previously mentioned, our container has not arrived and is not due to arrive until somewhere around April 29th. So in the meantime, the last couple of days we have been moving the items that I've purchased into the house including having deliveries of the big furniture pieces. I am more convinced now that we chose the right place in the right neighborhood. The house is going to be very comfortable for us and Oso, he's already explored the neighborhood. Yesterday as I was attempting to record another short video of the interior of the house I turned around toward the security gate and who did I see on the other side of the gate? The dog! Somehow he managed to squeeze himself under it and decided he was free! I was barefoot so I scrambled to find my shoes, find the keys so I could get out of the gate, and find his leash. I got outside and saw him down the hill so I called his name and ran after him, well he was ducking and dodging me in between cars and I'm looking and looking. A Chinese guy pulled up in his car and asked if I was looking for my dog ( you think?!, I am running down the street holding a leash in my hand! ) He tells me that Oso ran back towards the house, back up the hill so I head that way and I still don't see him. I get back to the house and I call his name and here comes the little bugger running out of the kitchen and outside like he didn't do anything wrong. At least he had enough sense to know that he did and he should probably get back home. We're going to have to do some training so he knows that he's not allowed outside the gate without his Mommy.

Even though we don't have all of our things we are going to "rough" it anyway until they arrive. So we are preparing to check out of the hotel by Tuesday. By "roughing" it, I mean we're going to have to eat out until I get my dishes and pots and pans, not sure when our satellite tv will be installed, not sure when my internet access will be available and there's not a chair in the house to sit on, only the bed in the spare room. I'll fix that problem today when I go get some chairs. I'll be sending off the short video soon so Angela, Keith, you can preview your room and let me know if I need to do any changes to it. I think once I'm done putting my final touches on the decorating that it will be a very stylish, comfortable home. Well I have to pry Jim away from the replay of the Masters so we can get some stuff done before Tuesday. Until next time...

No comments: