Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friday August 1, 2008

Sorry for the delay on my most recent post but lately Jim and I have had a full social calendar. It all started when my friend Sim got a part-time job as an MC doing pub trivia. So last Wednesday was her audition and she needed support so me and Jim joined her at a pub in the Village called Ronnie Q's. It's definitely an expat bar with a mix of foreigners from all over. We have been here before on the night we did our own pub crawl. Sim was nervous but she got through it and was hired.

Jim has a colleague that used to work for DHL named Sanjay and his boss is American, also from Chicago, so Sanjay thought it would be good idea to introduce us. We had dinner with John and his wife Christen on Saturday. They seemed like a nice couple and we enjoyed ourselves. The highlight of the evening for Jim was when John mentioned that he plays poker twice a month with a group of other Americans. We had dinner at La Bodega and then drinks at Finnegans both in the Village. Later after we parted ways we stopped by a club called Absolute Chemistry. I have several pages on the web like MySpace, Facebook, and Tagged and I met a DJ on one of them. Well I didn't meet him on the internet, I actually met him at Sim's birthday party. Since then he sends me updates about various clubs that he spins at so that's how we ended up at Absolute. It's mainly an Indian club, me and Jim were the only non-Indian in the place. Kris ( the dj ) plays pretty good music and he even sent a shout out to us when we first got there. Funny thing is, while we were sitting there several men kept coming up to Jim and introducing themselves. I'm not sure why, it may be because Kris said Jim was with DHL, but they kept buying him drinks and one even sent over nachos to him. I almost thought we may have been in a gay bar all the attention they were giving him. Later on we went closer to home and ended the night up at City Golf which seems to be our new hangout over George and Dragon. G&D just isn't the same since Sim quit, and while we were up at City Golf, a girl named Kat who we've seen there before invited us to a Facebook mingle they were having on Tuesday.

So then Tuesday rolled around and in the meantime I had been communicating with Kat on Facebook so I was looking forward to the event. Normally City Golf is where Jim hangs out and occasionally I'll join him but now that I've made some friends there I can go hangout without him. The mingle was held there so I got to meet some new people and before I knew it I looked up and Jim had gone home without me! I was too busy running my mouth that I didn't notice that he said goodbye.

Wednesday I went back down to Ronnie Q's to keep Sim company. Her new boss wants things done a certain way so he told her that she was just to observe instead of MC so we took it as an opportunity to drink and hangout. He wasn't too happy that we were socializing more than paying attention to him but we didn't care. Our friend Scott joined us which was great because we have never hung out with him outside of G&D ( he's the head chef there ). We took some photos which I will put up but we really had a good time and before we knew it we were one of the few people left in the pub.

Thursday night I went to Finnegans in Sri Hartamas because Sim was working trivia plus I wanted to hang out with Melissa. I think I've mentioned her before, she is like the PR manager of Finnegans and G&D and really funny! We just click. Jim had received an email from John that there was a poker game going on so of course he jumped at the chance to play. He didn't do so well but now at least he has something to look forward to twice a month. He is thinking of getting poker table custom made and having his own poker night. Plus this group is mostly Americans so now we can mingle with other expats. Finnegans was fun, me and Mel partnered up to answer the questions and we cheated a couple of rounds but in the end we won the bonus round only because I recognized the questions from one of the nights at Ronnie Q's.

I also finally got to go and get the fish pedicure I've been talking about. I was shopping in the Village for something 80's like because there is a party tonight at Finnegans commerating their 8th anniversary. I had a little time on my hands so I went to the spa. I was the only customer there. I washed my feet and legs and dipped them in the pool and the fish came right for me! I was creeped out at first especially by the bigger fish, it kinda tickled but mostly creeped me out because fish are chewing at the dead skin on your feet and legs. The lady in the spa suggested a get a magazine so I couldn't see them and that did the trick. After about 5 min. it felt like jacuzzi bubbles on my legs but really fish. I'll probably go back again because it does make your feet soft and it feels better than a pedicure, I still have to paint my own toes. Maybe I'll suggest that they add a manicurist.

So that's been my life the last week and like I said tonight is the 80's party plus Sim is sleeping over so who knows what we'll end up doing tomorrow. I'm going to try to get her to go to Absolute Chemistry so I can attempt to hook her up with Kris the DJ, it all depends on what condition we make it home in tonight. I'll take photos and put them up next time. Check you all out later!!

No comments: