Sunday, July 13, 2008

Monday July 14, 2008

Well, it's Monday again and so begins another week of cleaning, ironing, laundry and pet training. Sox so far has turned out to be a wonderful pet. Only 10 weeks old and he has already grasped the idea of being house-trained. After the first day of taking him outside to do his business we found that if we let him loose downstairs with the patio door open he would go out on his own when the urge hit him. And so far there have been no accidents in the house. He is having some issues with walking on a leash. Every night we usually take Oso for a walk and we're trying to get Sox used to this but when we put the leash on him, he'll just lay down in the street. If you take it off he'll happily follow you around the block usually with no problems. He's also mastered how to get up the 3 stairs from the living room to the dining room but getting back down seems to be a problem, we are working on that. At night he sleeps in his little apartment downstairs with no barking and no accidents so we're really happy with the way things are going. Oso on the other hand came down with something and on Saturday we had to take him to the vet because he vomited like 8 times and was being completely unsociable hiding under our bed. The office is right down the street and we didn't need an appointment. When we got there the doctor was finishing up with some bunnies and then it was our turn, we were surprised there wasn't a longer wait. But the vet drew some blood and performed the lab work himself while we waited and then he gave Oso some medicine to stop the vomiting. The cost very cheap too about 140 ringitts ( $45 U.S. )You'd never be able to have lab work done and a visit for that cheap back home. He seems to be doing a lot better now and is even starting to tolerate Sox jumping all over him. Oso won't however allow Sox to come under the bed with him. It's like he tells Sox "Stay out! I don't go in your apartment, you're not allowed in my condo!"
W
So last week was the same old same old, nothing exciting going on. I didn't even spend that much time up at the mall. I've been going to the gym early in the morning with Jim. I find that if I do this I will go more often since he goes every morning before he goes to work. Otherwise I get up and keep putting it off and then I never go. I'm not sure yet if I like this gym yet. Since we've joined we've received several telemarketing calls from them trying to sell us personal trainer sessions and this morning as I was working on the ab machine one of the staff came over and tried to help me out. First of all I am not a morning person, anyone who knows me knows that untill I have a cup of coffee don't say anything to me. Second, if I wanted the advice of a trainer I would have taken advantage of the 2 free training sessions they gave me when we signed up. I just want to go, work out, and come home. I'm convinced that had I let the guy help me, he would have tried to sell me some sessions with him.

Sim stopped by yesterday since we haven't seen each other in a while because of her new job. I wasn't really in the mood for company since me and Jim had been out late the night before and all I wanted to do was lay in bed and order Chinese food. But I was glad to see her anyway plus she has agreed to house sit for us and watch the dogs when we go to Hong Kong on Wednesday. I am getting excited about going. Jim of course will have to work so I'll have 2 days to wander around the city all by myself. I'll probably sign up for a tour to get some ideas and then go back later to all the places I'd like to spend more time at. We have been to China before and enjoyed ourselves in Shanghai but I hear Hong Kong is totally different. I just have to make sure I keep an eye on my wallet and hope I don't have problems with the taxi drivers like I did in Shanghai. Supposedly if they take somewhere, on top of the regular fare some of them will try to charge you a fee so that they can return to where they picked you up at. If that happens to me I will have to learn about their subway system for other means of getting around. We will be gone Wednesday through Sunday so I probably won't write again until we get back and hopefully I will have some good stories to tell plus some new pictures.

Jim found a wireless internet connection at our house so now hopefully my phone calls will sound better than they have in the past. If not I have figured out how to forward my Skype calls to my cell phone so I don't miss anymore calls plus it sounds 100% better only bad thing is I can't do video calls on my cell phone. Hope everyone enjoys their week and I'll post again when we return from our trip.

No comments: