Monday, March 17, 2008

March 18, 2008

Well I have received confirmation today that we are getting the house in Bangsar. Now the paperwork just has to be filled out and signed. Looking over the contracts, it's typical legal jargon and seems to protect the owner a lot, we will be liable for a lot of things should anything go wrong whether caused by us or acts of God. The rental payment is arranged through Jim's company so if for any reason the owner does not receive payment, it will have to be an error in the accounting department and we could find ourselves out on the streets and the landlord could confiscate our things in lieu of rent. I was surprised at the total move-in costs. You know typically in the States they ask for a deposit, well that's the same here except it's the equivalent of 3 months rent plus a deposit for utilities, almost a total of $4k U.S. just to move in. Anyway I'm still excited about being in our own place finally although it won't be until mid-April. We found out that our container won't arrive until April 11th and then the contents have to pass through customs and then everything will be delivered so were thinking by April 15th we should have our things. I'm already thinking of how I will decorate the place and make it feel more like home.

The last couple of days have been uneventful, I've pretty much been a home-body and doing things around the hotel like grocery shopping, laundry and taking care of Oso even though he's not much work. This coming weekend is a big event here in KL. They are having their F1 car racing event. I'm not a big car racing fan but would still like to go and check it out, however that won't happen. The tickets are all sold out and even though Jim's work is one of the sponsers and has to attend on Sunday I'm not able to go. He says that he doesn't really want to go but I think that he will have a good time even if he is entertaining clients. We'll see. I'll probably go to some flea markets and look for things for the house ( which honestly I don't mind shopping at all).

1 comment:

Meka (Bamberg, Germany) said...

Cool deal. I'm happy to hear that you have found your next home. The move in cost seem a little over rated but what can one say but, "Welcome to Malaysia!". Too bad about the car racing event. Sounds like fun. Enjoy shopping at the flea markets.