Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4th 2008

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day. I got shown my new office and we talked about what my responsibilities would be in the for the first month. Basically I am to learn the operations and get the contract managers on my side. The office is in a place called Puchong and the main operation for me right now is in Shah Alam. I still feel lost without a laptop or cell phone but that will be rectified on Weds or Thursday.

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday just getting an overview of the operations and how things are done in Malaysia. It is kind of different from the states because here we lease the warehouses whereas in the states the warehouses were always paid for by the clients. The most interesting thing happened today was that I was taken to lunch at an open air restarurant where I ate chicken and rice had some soup which had 2 grey balls in it. I ate them but I still do not know what they were and frankly I really do not want know. They didn't taste bad but they also did not taste like anything I had eaten before.

I will get a car tomorrow so that ought to be very interesting. Will write more about that experience later.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Hi Jim, How are you? Just wanted to comment on the 2 gray ball in your soup, your right you probable don't want to know what it was but, at lease you could have told us "it taste just like chicken" isn't that what we say when we don't know what it tastes like. Just a thought. Oh and in case you didn't know this is "Crazy Ass" Bye-Bye